Wednesday 20 June 2012

Waxing lyical

I have been working on my driftwood again today, I am becoming more and more drawn to it, its just a pity that not many useable get washed up on the beach. I feel that I am using something that nature no longer needs, the pieces are from trees and ivy that have usually been cut down sometimes before their useful life has been completed. Then they are washed by the sea and thrown up on the beach.


Small driftwood piece placed on my favourite chair
I am then giving them a second life, they are lovingly cleaned up, sanded, washed, and then thoughtfully adorned with wool and silk. What better way for a piece of wood to have a loving retirement than decorating some appreciative person's home.


This seems to want to publish with a white background, the emphasis is not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment