Saturday 30 March 2013

Rust Cloth (for Jennifer)

Detail circles
 Rusted cloth and yarn on bark cloth
Detail showing weaving

Detail showing weaving

Detail showing weaving

Rust cloth

Detail showing weaving


















































This piece uses cloth and yarn sent to me by Jennifer at  http://jennifercoynequdeen.blogspot.co.uk/
I thought it was finished but having looked at the final piece as an image I am wondering if it needs something more. Overall I am pleased with it this is not my usual style at all. Stitching isn't what I do hence the weaving in it a well.  I am being drawn more and more to stitch and am now starting on a second piece of rusted cloth, this time my own but using some more of Jennifer's yarn.

2 comments:

  1. How incredibly cool! Cool probably isn't the word you'd prefer, but...well...did you know that in my previous art life I was a weaver? Contemporary basketry for over 25 years. Yep. So it's really fun to see that you wove with some of my rusty threads as well as stitching. Kind of fitting.

    I love what you've done and am eager to see more. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer for your kind words. Small world isn't it, I haven't tried basket weaving but might get round to it sometime.
    Would love to see some images of our baskets if you have any.

    ReplyDelete