Saturday 26 July 2014

A fun day

This week my friend Liz and I had a fun day, we set up hot plates and pans and laid out cloth, leaves and rusty bits of metal, we were about to produce some spells. In one pan went euculyptus leaves and yellow onion skins to which we added bundled up leaves and flowers. Four of my bundles are long white socks, idea courtesy of India Flint.
Our second pan only had water in it and a steamer on top, this one had leaves and paper bound between cardboard and put on to steam; some of my results below.
Leaf printing on paper


Rust bundles

Eco-dyeing bundles
Later we added another pan for bundling, adding various leaves and stems to the water plus some copper piping. While this one was bubbling away we dipped fabric in salt water, painted on brewed tea and wrapped lots of rusty objects. They say patience is a vitue but mine is running out, I want to see the results of our bundles. These images are just of my activity so as you can imagine we have a lot of excitement ahead of us unwrapping everything. We had a fantastic and busy day with fantastic, actually a bit hot for brewing weather.


4 comments:

  1. Those wrapped bundles, gifts of anticipation and wonder...everything about bundling from the foraging of materials to the placing of the gleanings on cloth, the wrapping to the revel, everything about this process is simply magick to me. Cannot wait to see your unbundling Debbie**** .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marti, it may not be long my fingers are itching.

      Delete
  2. how intriguing! love the mysterious blue amongst the earthy bundles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to unwrapping that one, I think it maybe wallflowers, haven't dyed with them before.

      Delete