Friday 16 February 2018

Bagstories

Basic bag

Wrapping cloth
I am following India Flint's Fb group for people who have purchased her book Bagstories. There are extra lessons on the page, one of which involves hemming 25 squares. I have started doing these with hand stitch but have had to give up for a while. I really wanted to make a bag so have made the easiest one from the book, mostly machined but hand finished. It is made from Indian cotton tab topped curtains I bought in a sale. The handle is made from one of the tabs and the button is one I kept from a 1970's coat.. I have more fabric and buttons so may make a larger one as well.
The wrapping cloth is also based on a Japanese concept and is made from another curtain I bought at the same time. I like to wrap presents in cloth, it is reusable or can be made into something else.

2 comments: